Why Do PR?
Why do PR? It’s a question that a lot of executives ask, especially in early- and mid-stage companies. But while it’s possible to operate a business with little or no PR spend, it’s unlikely that the company will ever gain traction in the industry or key markets.
On the other hand, businesses that actively engage in integrated PR and digital marketing tactics are more likely to capture the attention of customers and prospects, and achieve the kind of business results that create long-term success.
At Make You Big, we specialize in helping B2B technology clients leverage the benefits of PR for business success. From raising media awareness to lead gen to crisis management, there are plenty of reasons the “why do PR” question needs to be asked and answered by companies at every stage of growth:
- Generate business leads. Effective public relations can improve business outcomes by generating new leads. When your company is covered in targeted media outlets, your company’s becomes more visible to prospects. At Make You Big, our unique integration of PR and digital marketing also creates opportunities to develop and convert high-value content assets (e.g., data studies, white papers, etc.) into lead gen machines.
- Attract investors. The right media placements at the right times can be used to attract the attention of VCs and other investors. With the right messaging and strategy, PR increases your credibility as a stable and potentially lucrative investment target. So why do PR? If you’re an early- or mid-stage company, your next round of funding may depend on it.
- Recruit talent. In many cases, PR campaigns not only attract new clients, but prospective employees as well. Any PR strategy that establishes your business as a thought leader will inevitably increase your profile among the best and brightest talent in the field. With PR, you can gradually cultivate a reputation as one of your industry’s most sought after employers – and you can use your newfound access to talent to accelerate your growth curve.
- Retain existing staff. Employee turnover is a serious threat in most technology firms. But companies that struggle with the “why do PR” question often fail to see how public relations can boost employee morale and improve retention. Industry thought leadership opportunities, social media campaigns and other tactics create a sense of pride among employees and confirm their decision to remain with the company.
- Reduce costs. Cost savings can be an added benefit of PR, especially when PR is integrated with other tactics in a digital ecosystem approach. By taking advantage of synergies between earned, owned and paid media, you can achieve greater impact at a lower cost than strategies built around a siloed approach.
- Gain message clarity. A carefully crafted public relations strategy produces clarity about your company’s key messages and brand identity. Although there are a variety of vehicles for amplifying key messages, the best PR agencies will help you develop the messaging that carries across all of your PR and digital marketing efforts.
- Manage staff hours. Most growing B2B technology companies outsource public relations to experienced PR agencies like Make You Big. Leading B2B PR firms have the expertise and industry contacts to achieve optimal results. Another reason to address the “why do PR” question? Because outsourcing to a PR firm frees up your marketing staff to focus on more important things.
- Attract potential acquirers. If your goal is to be acquired by a larger technology firm, PR isn’t just a good idea – it’s a must. Visibility online and in media outlets is a prerequisite for attracting the attention of acquirers, many of whom rely on industry media sources to unearth hot acquisition targets.
Why do PR? At the end of the day, there are a lot of reasons why an integrated PR and digital marketing strategy makes sense for your company. At Make You Big, we have the experience, resources and media connections to help take your early- or mid-stage company to the next level.
Let’s get started. Contact us or give us a call +91-9557878855 and discover how Make You Big can help develop an integrated PR strategy that delivers measurable business improvement.